Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView and digital outputs

Can anyone help , I need to send a digital output to the ni 9474DAQmx, I can get the unit to respond to the self test no problem. When I write to it does not respond. I have tried DAQmx native and DAQ assistant but to no avail. Here is one such attempt, with the wile loop greatly simplified.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(969 Views)

Sorry see attachment didn't stick!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(965 Views)

still didn't

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(963 Views)

1. Try using the "Test Panel" for your device in MAX

2. Try using a simple shipping example for digital output

Both are "known good" ways to produce digital output.  Then, once you confirm that your device can work, come back to your code.

Do you get an error at 'error out'?  What is it?

Try doing these two things:

- designate digital lines as well as the port, "cDAQ1Mod1/port0/line0:7"

- when configuring the DO task, wire up the 'line grouping' input to designate one channel for each line.  I think the unwired default is one channel for all lines, which will be incompatible with the N channel 1 Sample write.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(933 Views)

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply, this is my second reply to you as NI lost the first one in the ether.

I had tried the test panels and the device works fine.

I had tried finding examples but to no avail.

I had tried splitting the port by writing discrete lines both in DAQMX and assistant.

I don't get any errors when I split the port.

I suspect a mismatch between how I configure the device and what I am sending to it.

Thanks anyway.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(911 Views)