Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW with DAQmx ==> USB-6509 ==> SCB-100 in DIO/passthrough mode: Signals from different IO pins interfere with each other.

Hi, I am using the NI DAQmx VI's in LabVIEW to write to and read from a circuit board for testing purposes. The hardware setup is the USB-6509 with SCB-100 in DIO/passthrough mode. The USB-6509 is switched to "LOW" in the rear of the box. In NI MAX, the pins are all set to "Tristate".

When I write unsigned 64-bit data to P3.2(pin44) and P3.3(pin42) at the same time, both signals come out "distorted"(when probed at the screw terminals of the SCB-100). Normally, the Highs are around +5V and Lows are around 0V with nothing in between. However, these unclean signals show another level of around +1.7V in addition to the +5V & 0V extremes. Also, the signals do not match the inputted data in LabVIEW. Same thing happens between P3.6(pin36) and P3.5(pin38). If anyone has encountered this before or knows how to correct this issue, I would love to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,019 Views)

Hello OhmsLawyer, 

Can you attach screenshots of the signals you are seeing as well as attach the LabVIEW code you are using?

Kendal C.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,973 Views)