Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW acquire data from Fluke Helios 2289A using RS232/serial com port

We are trying to use the LabVIEW 6.1 with a Fluke Helios 2289A using serial RS232. How do we make it communicate and acquire data?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,232 Views)
Hello;

The first thing to double check is if the Instrument is compatible with the RS232 protocol. Once you clear that out, you can use one of the Labview Shipping Examples for Serial Communication, to get started.

You can find that example at Search Examples->I/O Interfaces->Serial Communication->Serial Communication.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,232 Views)
Hello;

The first thing to double check is if the Instrument is compatible with the RS232 protocol. Once you clear that out, you can use one of the Labview Shipping Examples for Serial Communication, to get started.

You can find that example at Search Examples->I/O Interfaces->Serial Communication->Serial Communication.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,232 Views)
Yes the Helios is RS232 compatible. we currently run Labtech Notebook 11.1 - We communicate through null modem RS232 serial port in Windows NT OS. We want to convert to Labview but we can't find a Labview driver for the Fluke Helios I. Labtech has a specific driver. Also we are using the eval software. If there is no driver available then we have to use VISA and write a protocol which at this point would take alot of time because we don't have the experience to do that. Labview is much more flexible than Labtech but also much more complicated to setup and run.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,232 Views)
How do we communicate with the Fluke Helios Model 2289A? Theres is no Helios driver or is there?
We need help!!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,232 Views)
Filipe A.
How do we communicate with the Fluke Helios Model 2289A? Theres is no Helios driver or is there?
We need help!!"
The Helios is serial/RS232 com[atible. We are currently using it that way with Labtech Notebook software and want to change over to Labview. Can you help us do that?

Thanks so much,

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,232 Views)
Filipe A.
We need help!!"
The Helios is serial/RS232 compatible. We are currently using it that way with Labtech Notebook software and want to change over to Labview. Can you help us do that?

Thanks so much,

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,232 Views)
Filipe,

Where are you? I have been anxious to get a response. We are trying to use Labview with a Fluke Helios I 2289A. Serial communications to take temperature readings of approx. 30-40 channels. Can you you help us? We greatly appreciate your assistance.

Paul T.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,232 Views)

I'm searching too a way to use labview (any version, 6.0 as well as 8.6) with a fluke  helios I. How do I make the communication?

Thanks for helping.

Askin

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,446 Views)
As already mentioned, there is no existing driver so you would have to write the code yourself. I would recomend that you first test the connection with a program like Hyperterminal to verify com settings and that you are using the correct type of cable. Then you could try one of the shipping examples for serial communication. Once you get that to work, you can either develop a complete driver, just the functions you need, or use the Instrument I/O Assistant.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,418 Views)