Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD interfacing

Hello

I want to interface one LCD with my PCI-6014 card. My LCD is General Charater display 20x4. The command are same as Hitachi LCD.
I did using Parallel port and Turbo c.

Kindly help me to interface my LCD with 6014.
Kindly give startup to make VI for this application

Thanx in advance
Karthikraja

My c code is attached.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,890 Views)
Dear Kkronline,

What do you mean by interface with your LCD? When I think of the PCI-6014, I think about analog inputs/outputs, digital IO, and counter operations. Which of these measurements do you want to use with the LCD? General Charater might even have a description of how you connect its LCD up to a DAQ board. Have a great weekend!

Sincerely,
Marni S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,871 Views)

hello

Using Digital I/Os , i want to display the Characters in the LCD. The LCD pinouts are attached. There are 10 signals wch controls the LCD.

D0 to D7, Enable,RegSelect, Read/Write..etc.  Could i send the Aschii charcters via my Do lines to my LCD ?

Kindly help me to this issue ASAP ...

thanks in advance

Karthikraja

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,860 Views)
Dear Karthikraja,

I didn't find any examples of how to interface with your PCI-6014 using ASCII, but take a look at Write Dig Port to see how to write data to your digital lines.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\DAQmx ANSI C\Digital\Generate Values\Write Dig Port

Since your the DIO lines on the PCI-6014 are static, you will have to do software timing and output your data in a loop. Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Marni S.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,788 Views)

Hello all,

Finally i did myself to solve the LCD interfacing with DIO lines. Herewith i am enclosing the VI's for our friends. LV send the ASCHII values via digital io lines.

I used the Dynalog DAS card for Controlling the LCD. u can replace with NI APIs.

thanx for the support

Karthik

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,781 Views)

Hey, that's really cool of you to submit your VI.

Well done.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,757 Views)

Hi,

I have downloaded ur application, some of the subvi's are missing can u please send them all.....

regards

sunil

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,790 Views)
You are responding to an old thread and as the op mentioned, Dynalog hardware is being used so of course the functions for that hardware would be missing. As the op mentioned, you would need to replace them with NI functions for your hardware.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,771 Views)