Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Change Notification supported by PXI-6528?

I need the Change Notification feature of the PXI-6527, but National Instruments does not recommend the PXI-6527 for new designs. The recommended substitute (PXI-6528) supports Change Detection. I need to detect a change on one of several digital inputs and then generate a pulse on a digital output without constantly polling the inputs. I really don't care about latching the input data. The time delay between detecting the input change and generating the output pulse is not critical.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,119 Views)
Hello AEJ-

The 6528 is the recommended device for new applications because it is a superset of the 6527 functionality. In addition to the features of the 6527, the 6528 also
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,104 Views)
Wow, I have no idea how that previous post showed up. Some odd combination of accidental keystrokes, I guess.

Anyway, as I was saying, the 6528 is a superset of the 6527 functionality, plus it supports a higher isolation voltage, watchdog timers, and RTSI. The only difference is that it is programmed using DAQmx. There are examples that should get your desired behavior though. One other thing I forgot to mention, "Change Notification" from traditional DAQ is equivalent to DAQmx "Change Detection". I'd suggest looking at the DAQmx "Read Dig Chan-Change Detection.vi" as well as the "Write Dig Chan.vi" examples which when combined, should get your desired behavior.

I hope this helps!
gus....
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,103 Views)