cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISC 1781 Smart Camera Not Sending Output in Vision Builder

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using an ISC 1781 Smart Camera with Vision Builder 2015 software installed with the starter kit I/O board. This is a brand new setup.  

I created a recipe in vision builder 2015, but when I get to the "Generate Pulse" step, I am not receiving any outputs at my board, and therefore not to my output device. No matter how what settings I use for the generate pulse step (drive high/low, generate single pulse/ start pulse generation, pulse on completeion of X/ generate pulse when setp runs), I cannot receive an output to the board.

We have tested the ISO outputs 0, 1, and 2 with a voltage meter, but do not receive a signal from the camera.

I have used the NI 1772 cameras with a similar setup, and had no issues. However, this model was discontinued, and we had to upgrade to the ISC 1781, but cannot get it working.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,361 Views)

Have you tested with the Read/Write I/O to make the output line high since you are checking with a voltmeter, which might not be able to capture a pulse?  In the Read/Write I/O step, there is a Test Panel button.  Can you test the ISO Out and the User LEDs with Test Panels?

Also, are you are on Vision Builder 2015 f3? (Help >> About NI Vision Builder AI...)

Clemens | Technical Support Engineer | National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(2,331 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author crave132

Hello,

We had the output wired incorrectly. The way we had to wire it makes no sense to me, but our Electrical Engineer was able to try a different setup that solved the issue.

Thank you for your response. This can now be closed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,324 Views)

Thank you for the update.  I am glad you were able to get it figured out and working!

If you could mark your comment as the solution, that would mark this thread as resolved.  Thanks for posting!

Clemens | Technical Support Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,318 Views)