Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C interface using 6552

It's going on two years now... Any I2C or SPI examples yet?

kphite

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(3,642 Views)
I wrote my own I2C interface and it works fine for my application. I'd be happy to share a copy.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(3,636 Views)

Hi Kphite,

We don't have any official SPI or I2C examples with the 6552 as of yet.  Perhaps Haket and provide his code and that might be a great way for you to get started.  We do have some I2C and SPI examples for LabVIEW FPGA to be used with our R-series FPGA cards.  This can be found here.  With all the different flavours of SPI and I2C and the capabilities of our HSDIO line, it would be very difficult to have example code that would help everyone.  If you have any specific device or driver related questions though, I'd be happy to help answer them.

Regards,
Paul C.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(3,606 Views)
I developed my own SPI interface too but I'm sure that there are better solutions. I still don't feel very comfortable with the 6552 VI's and I'm sure there were much more clever of ways doing it.
Message 14 of 22
(3,585 Views)

Hi kphite,

If you would like, you can post your code and SPI specifications (a timing diagram would help) and I might be able to make suggestions for improvement.  Because there are so many different types of SPI implementation, it would be very difficult for us to post an example that would work for everyone.

Regards,

Paul C. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(3,565 Views)

I sitting and trying to develop my own SPI interface with PXI-6552. But im alittle bit stuck at the moment. I would love to have a peak of your code if its possible?

My mail is: m_king42@hotmail.com

Thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(3,268 Views)

Hi Paul,

Do you have any example code for SPI communication? Im sitting to try to develop my own SPI interface with PXI-6552 but im alittle bit stuck at the moment.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(3,266 Views)

Hi Maximus,

Sorry about the delayed response.  I do not have any example code currently.  I do believe several of our customers have implemented SPI validation and verification code with out 6552 card.  Hopefully, we will see some customer posted solutions.  If you have specific questions regarding the coding, please let me know and I will do my best to help you out.

Regards,

Paul C. 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(3,206 Views)

FYI, NI Systems Engineering recently published a library for building I2C commands with a 6552.  You can find it here: I2C Digital Waveform Reference Library

There is a dedicated discussion thread for the IDW library here:  http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=Components&thread.id=68

Message Edited by David S. on 11-14-2008 03:51 PM
David Staab, CLA
Staff Systems Engineer
National Instruments
Message 19 of 22
(3,184 Views)
This is great. I can't wait to try these. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(3,168 Views)