Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to replace the NI-HWS Express Load

Dear all,

I found a previous project similar to my project which is sending a digital waveforms to DAQ 6009; however, i dont have the files related to the block "NI-HWS Express Load". So which block or what can i do to replace it with block can do the same functions. I added a picture and if you want i can upload the VI.

Regards,
Feras

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,606 Views)

Hi Feras,

Thank you for your post. The "NI-HWS Express Load" function is included when you install LabVIEW SignalExpress and allows you to load analog or digital waveforms saved in the HWS file format.

As you wish to output a digital waveform, you will need to generate your desired digital waveform in software, the way in which you achieve this depends on the kind of digital waveform you wish to output.

An example of a VI that allows for the generation of a digital waveform is the "Digital Pattern Generator.vi" which generates Ramps, Marching Values, Random digital values etc.

If you could provide a detailed description on the waveform you wish to generate I can better match LabVIEW functions to your application. If you could also upload the example VI itself that would be helpful.

Many Thanks

Jamie S.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,591 Views)

Dear Jamie,

thanks for replying. I am trying to generate the digital waveforms by two ways, first solution by NI Digital Waveform Editor and the second way is by using blocks (such as pulse blocks) to generate the waveforms without generating them from the NI digital waveform editor so i can control them from the front panel. I attached the vi file and you will see what is the wave forms that i need.

Regards,
Feras

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,589 Views)

Hi Feras,

Thank you for your reply.

On reviewing your requirements I would recommend using the "niHWS Retrieve Waveform.vi" which is available provided you have the NI-HSDIO driver installed.

By selecting the "Retrieve Digital WDT" from the dropdown having placed the "niHWS Retrieve Waveform.vi" on your block diagram you will be able to output the digital waveform stored in your path.

Please have a go at using this VI function and keep me informed with your progress Feras.

Many Thanks

Jamie S.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,582 Views)