Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I connected the jumper in PXI 6508 card to LOW state, after that also the power up state of the card is not changed to LOW. What is the problem?

I am using PXI 6508 for acquiring Digital Signals in my application. The Default power up state of the card while shipped is HIGH. Then I changed the Jumper W1 on the card to LOW and restart PXI. After this also the power up state of the card is HIGH. I used DMM to measure the voltage across the Port 9 and DGND. (pin numbers 98 and 100). I tried this for 3 ports and the result is same.

Let me know how to solve this issue.

M.Valliappan.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,298 Views)
Hi valliappan,

Just to verify the jumper position, please see the diagram enclosed in the following KnowledgeBase:

Setting the PXI-6508 / PCI-6503 Start-Up State Via Jumper W1

Please try using the Measurement & Automation Explorer Test Panel to verify the power-up state. If you manually pull low the lines low, what kind of readings do you get in MAX?

Thanks,
Lesley Y.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,281 Views)
M.Valliappan,

Please take a look at this KnowledgeBase:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5EB377C6A0C5C83F86256FBE00730E62

It will explain the behavior you are seeing. Please let us know if the information in the KB will not help you solve your application needs.

Thank you,
Allen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,277 Views)
Hai Lesley,

I connected the Jumper as per the picture and Measured the Power Up state. At that time alll the ports are reading HIGH.
If I give a LOW signal manually to a particular port, MAX reads it as LOW signal.

Thanks,
M.Valliappan.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,265 Views)
Hai Allen,

Thanks for your web link to the document. I will go through it and try to solve the issue.

Thanks,
M.Valliappan.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,264 Views)