Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get the 6008 to send or recieve digital signals

I am new to LabView.  A class I am taking is using it for simulations and we were just given the 6008 to use.  The assignment it to use LabView and the 6008 to test the operation of an AND, OR and Inverter.  The problem is the professor has given NO instruction on how to use LabView or the 6008.  I am using LabView 2009 Student Editiam trying to use the DAQ assistant to send the signals out (0 0, 0 1, 1 0, 1 1) and then read each result so I can compare it to what it should be.  I can't figure out how to on.  I get generate a signal or recieve a signal.  I keep getting told I am connecting the wrong types to inputs and outputs.  I am not asking for a vi to be written I just want to know how I am supposed to get a signal out and a signal in.  I have looked at other posts on here and none of them are using DAQ assistant that I could tell and what is being used is confusing and beyond what I know.  Can anyone help me with a simple solution?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,965 Views)

Hello,

There are examples that you can find under Help » Find Examples which may help you, if you look under Hardware Input and Output » DAQmx » Digital Measurements and Digital Generation.  Since you are testing digital logic gates, you would want to use digital lines.  I went ahead and made code which will hopefully work for your purposes.  I assumed you are only reading from a single line, while also assuming you may want to control multiple lines of output.  I combined two examples to make this, the Read Dig Chan.vi example and Read Dig Write.vi. 

Try that out, and try to understand the process behind the coding as well.  For the error of connecting the wrong types, you want to be sure you are connecting similar types together, such as error wires to error wires, references to references, arrays to arrays, scalars to scalars.  Maybe my example code will help you understand that a little more clearly.

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Senior Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,942 Views)