Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would I go about motion tracking with a webcam, LabWindows, and IMAQ Vision?

I am aware that it is possible to perform motion tracking using a webcam, LabWindows and IMAQ Vision. I have access to all, although I am not familiar with the software. How would I go about tackling this problem? I am also aware that en Actve X wouls have to be used, although I am not sure exactly what I am looking for.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,332 Views)
The first order of buisness is getting the image itself into LabWindows. We do not have a direct solution for this, but if you look through the developer zone you will find a number of people with Keywords Search: usb camera. Generally this would involve making some calls to 3rd party drivers, which may be activeX based.

Once the image is aquired you will be interested in doing pattern matching over a series of images and using the change in the search results to track the object. You may want to use Vision Builder to help you develope the patern matching portion of the program.

Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction.
Regards,
NI Applica
tions Engineer

Message Edited by Molly K on 02-19-2005 12:10 AM

Message 2 of 3
(3,333 Views)
I've had good results with motion tracking using Firewire Webcam's and IMAQ 1394 / IMAQ Vision. I've used USB webcams as well, but the results are much better with IMAQ 1394. The cost of the cameras are roughly equivalent, but you have to purchase IMAQ 1394.

The system that I am using:
Pyro 1394 Webcam www.adstech.com
IMAQ 1394
IMAQ Vision

You can view the list of "tested" 1394 camera's at:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/afded7f599e8a73a8625689e007672e5?OpenDocument

Cheers!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,332 Views)