Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the sample clock signal from line PFI4 to zero after running the program?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I suffer from a problem since weeks ago and want your help.

I have a NI PCI 6535b card. I notice that after I run my program, the sample clock signal from PFI4 is always there, even I exit LabView software. How can I set it to zero after the program stops?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,323 Views)

I'm not specifically familiar with your DAQ board, but if you're programming in LabVIEW I'd be willing to look at code you post (version 2016 or earlier please).  I have a suspicion about possible use of "connect terminals" instead of "export signal", but again, I don't know much about your particular board.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,303 Views)

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for your reply.

My code is attached below. The top part is for digital waveform generation. The bottom part is from a sample code from LabVIEW.

Thank you.

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,299 Views)

left sideleft sideright sideright side

Please check the code attached above. The left side and right side should be merged together. I don't know how to zoom out my block diagram window so that I can take a screen shot for the complete diagram. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,294 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author david.chen

I believe your simplest option would be to call DAQmx Reset Device after DAQmx Stop Task.

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,289 Views)

Hello Tobias,

Thank you for your reply. 

I am new to LabVIEW. Can you show me how to add the 'DAQmx Rest Device' and wire the 'input device'? 

David

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,286 Views)

You can right-click on the input terminal and choose "Create Constant" (or Control).  Then just select the device your task was using.

Alternately, you could expand the Task property node that's already in your code to add another property output, 'Devices'.  It'll be an array of devices, but if the task only uses one device, that'll be the one and only element.  Use 'Index Array' to get index 0 and wire up to "DAQmx Reset Device".

All that said, I wonder if there isn't a less drastic course of action that'd work which doesn't require a full device reset.  I've not used a device with a Pipelined Sample Clock though, so I have no specific insights.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,271 Views)

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for your reply. Problem solved by adding 'DAQmx Reset Device' right after 'DAQmx Clear'.

David

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,262 Views)