Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to power a Cartridge Heater using LabVIEW

I have some new equipment from a supplier who uses a piece of software from a company called Hitec Zang.  I'm trying to replicate what they use in LabVIEW as this is our main software system we use where I work.  I have attached an image of the connections from the item we have, I have the cables coming from the suppliers but they normally plug them into their Hitec Zang control box which has 4 heating elements.  I have also attached a page which shows the hardware from Hitec Zang.  I have a couple of USB compact DAQ systems.  Can anyone advise me with my options using LabVIEW.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,281 Views)

I am not sure I understand eexactly what you have and what you want to do with it.

I think that you have:

1. The Cartridge reactor.

2. The Y cable with 3 LEMO connectors.

3. Some Compact DAQ devices.

4. LabVIEW.

I think you do not have

5. The Hitec Zang box or software.

What I do not see:

6. Any connection to the temperature sensors in the cartridge reactor.

7. A 44 V power source.

8. A list of the DAQ devices you have available.

9. A description/specification of what the system needs to do.

10. A specification of any safety requirements for the system.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,202 Views)

Thanks for the response.

I don't have a Hitec Zang box or software and don't plan on buying it as hoping to use labVIEW.

I have lemo connectors that connect ot the temperature sensors. 

I have a NI9203 (Current Module), NI9217 (RTD Module) and a Thermocouple Module.  I haven't got a 44v power source as not sure how I can control one .

The Cartridge reactor allows me to carry out heterogeneously catalyzed reactions on a fixed-bed catalyst.  The process fluid is pre-heated prior to entering the rector.  Two intergrated pT100 temp sensors allow simultaneous temp measurement in the heating block and in the process fluid as it emerges from the reactor.  It has two switches for protection against excess temperature and will autoomatically shut off the heating current.

I have also attached a couple of specification sheets.

Thanks for your help

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,191 Views)