Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to detect board(PCI-6503) is in protected/fail-safe mode and to leave it

Hi, 

I am looking to see if there is a way to detect if a DIO board (PCI-6503) is in fail-safe mode after a power surge via software and to be able to reset/leave that mode. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(866 Views)

To add more clarification for the issue:

the PCI-6503 card is currently used for triggering subsequent actions within our product and it is important that we are able to detect when the card has entered fail-safe mode and is no longer capable of responding to pin action so that we can make sure to reset it without having prolonged periods of undetected downtime which is unacceptable for us. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(826 Views)

You can reset the device from NI-MAX or use APIs.

santo_13_0-1642177268924.png

Note, Reset Device is a non-blocking call, after calling this API, poll the device using Self-test to check if recovered from reset.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(820 Views)

Where can I find the documentation to be able to poll the state of the board via the API? The solution has to be programmable without manual intervention, preferably in C as the current implementation that utilizes the boards is written using that language interfacing with the registers.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(818 Views)