Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I adjust the generating signals on Labview VI

Hello,

I would like to control the signals that generated through Labview VI. Similarly, I am able to do it by using Signalexpres, however, I need to do it on Labview Vi.

Could you please help me about that?

Thanks!

Regards,

SA

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,655 Views)
What exactly is the problem with the code? You've posted an image and not anything that someone can actually run and the Express VIs hide all of the settings. Make sure the simulate signal is generating enough samples for your frequency to start with. Post the actual code for some real help and please provide details about your issues.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,648 Views)

Thanks for replying.

For example when I am using signalexpress, you  can control the number of signal. I mean I need let say 10 number of signals. How can I arrange it with labview VI?

Thank you,

Regards,

SA

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,641 Views)
You would simply assign that number of channels and create an array of inputs that matches. In order words, you would need multiple Simulate Signal functions as well as multiple channels. The DAQ Assistant walks you through the procedure to have multiple channels when you first create it. Once done, you can modify this with the Add or Subtract buttons. Never used singal Express but my impression was that it also used the DAQ Assistant.
Message 4 of 9
(3,635 Views)

Hello, I think I could not tell my problem properly. If you have a look the picture that I have added, You will see a block diagram. This Labview VI is generating square analog signals and with the controller you can control the frequency.  I would like to control the number of signal that is generating from that VI. For example, I need to see at 100kHz,  let say generate 100 sample. Could I do that? Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,581 Views)

Could someone please help me about that topic please?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,563 Views)

With the Express VI, there is no way to modify the number of samples. You can convert it to a regular VI and edit it or just use one of the functions on the Signal Processing>Waveform Generation palette.

Number of samples is really different than number of signals. A signal is made up of multiple samples.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,550 Views)

Could you tell me please, I am very new user for Labview VI, how can I ajdust the working time of the VI that I sent you? I mean I would like to sustain the programme just 5 sec?

Please tell me detailed.. Because the project had delay because of that problem.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,529 Views)

First of all, you never sent a VI. You attached an image. Second, you should taken the free tutorials before starting any LabVIEW project. You should also always work with Context Help (Help menu) turned on. As you move your mouse over a function on a palette, you will get a description.

The basic function you need is called Elapsed Time. You set a target (i.e. duration). You would wire the Time Has Elapsed output to the loop's termination terminal. You should OR it with the stop button you have.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,521 Views)