Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody used Agilent E5270B for measuring Bipolar transistor characteristic in LabView?

Hi everybody,

I am relatively new to LabView. After succeeding in installing, detecting and importing (VI's) of the above instrument, i want to start doing some simple DC measurements for a bipolar transistor with LabView.

The manual which came along with the instrument provides the measurement examples only in Visual Basic, C++ or .Net and not LabView so i am having some trouble translating those steps into a LabView VI by using the provided instrument VI's.

I wish to see the DC characteristics of a Common-Emitter amplifier, by varying Vce and measuring Ic for a given Ib and do the same for a number of Base Current Values.

The instrument has two slots (SMU's-> Source Monitor Unit) with Force and Sense ports.

What would be the best way to carry out such a task, spend more time reading the manual .........any suggestions ?
The instrument VI's have so many options...and i get lost which one i need for my purpose...any help would be appreciated...maybe sort of a data flow...what i need to do first, which VI's to use etc....

Maybe you will need the intrument driver to see the available VI's, if so, kindly let me know...

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,385 Views)
Hi Haadi20,

Usally a instrument driver ships with some examples like a Getting Started and Application Example. This should be a good starting point on how to learn to use the LabVIEW VI's.

I don't think you need to read the manuals on VB, C++ and .Net since your are not using these functions. consentrate on the LabVIEW Instrument Driver Documentation.

Hope this Helps

Karsten
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,366 Views)
I have had a look at the instrument documentation and manuals...but did not find any examples (getting started etc) for LabView...there are examples but as i mentioned earlier they are in C++, Visual Basic and .Net.

The only help i get is when i drop an instrument VI in a block diagram and look at its Context help...but that too only mentions which pin means what...and not how the VI should be connected with other VI's to make a particular measurement...

so for now..its trial and error approach for me...putting some VI's together and see how it goes..!!!

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated..

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,343 Views)
I think the best way to start is to first study the instrument manual and really understand how it works. Then, set it up manually to perform the measurement. The context help gives a description of what the function does and you should be able to correlate that to the functions you set manually.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,338 Views)