Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSDIO Channel Acquisition Order

I am using a PXIe-6545 to acquire 16 bit data. The hardware engineer, for whatever reason, didn't order the bits correctly. So instead of having DIO16 = LSB, DIO15 = LSB+1, ... , DIO31 = MSB, the bits are all random on DIO16-31. I am able to pull all the data from the fixture just fine, but the data bits are all out of order. I am basically using the HSDIO Continuous Acquisition - Stream to Memory.vi in the example to get my data. Is there a quick way to modify the VI so that I can put the bits in the correct order? I'm dreading having to re order all of the data manually. I was hoping that if i just listed the channels in the order I wanted it would order them that way. It doesn't seem to have worked.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(950 Views)

It depends on the order in which you initialized the Acquisition session. Could you please share the connections you have and the actual VI you use?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(948 Views)

I used the attached VI. The 6545 is connected with the standard NI cable which goes to a PWB fixture. The last 16 channels, (DIO16-31) are wired to a surface mount connector. They are out of order, order should be  29, 19, 18, 20, 31, 21, 17, 22, 26, 23, 30, 24, 28, 16, 25, 27 (LSB to MSB).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(940 Views)

Try using the channel order you listed in your post (and also reversed) instead of 16-31

santo_13_0-1645642828220.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(933 Views)