Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generation pattern whith PCI6534

Is the PCI 6534 able to generate un pattern on each trigger pulse in continuous mode ?

I have tried to configure the board in Continuous mode with external trigger but the pattern is only synchronize on the first trigger pulse.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,248 Views)
greg_b wrote:

Is the PCI 6534 able to generate un pattern on each trigger pulse in continuous mode ?

I have tried to configure the board in Continuous mode with external trigger but the pattern is only synchronize on the first trigger pulse.

If you need it to generate one sample per trigger, you can use the trigger as a sample clock.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,234 Views)
This is not what I want to do.

I have to generate a complet pattern (220 bytes) at 1 MHz on each trigger pulse (250Hhz). I use the internal clock for rate transfert at 1Mhz, this is OK but the problem is to synchronize each transfert on a trigger.
A french National Instrument engineer tell me that this board is not able to do this.
I have tried another solution, a software solution :
I have created a thread that call in loop the 'DIG_Block_Out()' method but now my application is very low.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,232 Views)
Indeed the PCI-6534 does not support retriggering. Nevertheless, you have another solution.

In order to perform a retriggerable pattern generation operation, you must put the board in continuous generation mode and use an external clock. This external clock should be gated such that upon receiving a trigger, it generates the same number of pulses as there are words in the pattern and then stops. Upon receiving a second trigger, the process repeats. The counters on an E series board can be made to function in this fashion.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,194 Views)