From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate a different width pulse using pxi-6542

Hello I want to use the board of PXI-6542 to generate a waveform, and the waveform has different width, but the width is a integer which is less than ten  is multiplied by 0.1ms,and the multiply is random. The waveform is output through PXI-6542.Thank you for your help.  bless vivian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,048 Views)

Hey Vivian,

I am not sure that we understand what you are trying to do. It sounds like you are wanting to create a waveform on the fly, based on some algorithm that you have. Or maybe you already have a waveform that is built for you. If you have the waveform saved to file, then you might want to check out the Example program called NI-HSDIO Stream from Disk (Generation) Using Win32 File IO. If you are building your waveform on the fly, you can check out some of the examples that ship with the NI-HSDIO driver that work with generating a Finite waveform. Let us know if you need help finding the examples that ship with the driver, because there are some for LabVIEW and some for other programming languages such as C.

Another powerful tool that NI offers is called the Digital Waveform Editor, and it is an interactive environment for creating, editing, and importing digital waveforms for use with the 6542. It comes free with the 8 Mb/ch and 64 Mb/ch options of the board, but you can still purchase it if you bought the 1 Mb/ch version of the board. This software will allow you to generate a waveform that meets your algorithm. You can also create full waveforms such as PRBS (Pseudo-Random Bit Sequences) waveforms.

Can you please provide more information about what you are trying to do, such as how many channels are you using, how many samples are in your waveform, etc.? The more information you provide, the better we can help you use the hardware the way you are wanting to. I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thanks, and have a great day.

Regards,
DJ L.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,012 Views)