cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional Safety NI 9350

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I saw that NI released a functional Safety c-series module. If my understanding is good, this module work as a standalone module. Is it possible to use it on an EtherCAT chassis and can we program it or we absolutely need a cRIO controller?

Thank you.

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,038 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author paubin

Hi Patrick,

In order to program it, you'll need a cRIO or Ethernet RIO (e.g. 9147/9149). If you have a cRIO and it has filled up, can you move one of the existing modules from the cRIO to the EtherCAT expansion chassis to make room for the SIL module? Or, could you use an Ethernet RIO for I/O expansion in lieu of EtherCAT?

Possibly helpful links for the future: this page lists programming mode compatibility on a module by module basis, the attachment on this page allows you to see software support for a cRIO system (cRIO + modules). I'll update the normal chassis compatibility list with the 9350.

-Andrew

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,990 Views)

Hi,

I have a prototype using a CVS1458RT and an EtherCAT chassis 9144., so I don't have a cRIO.

For this time, I will use another safety module.

Thank you.

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,982 Views)

Hello,

I saw that you asked for safety module NI9350 before, and I plan to use NI9351 now, but I'm not sure what is this safety module used for.

could this module be connected to the laser machine or thermocouple to monitor the laser or temperature condition of the experiment?

What is the exact function of this safety module?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,663 Views)