Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to recognize PCI-6503

I am trying to install a PCI-6503 on a Pentium II with Win 98. This computer has a PCI-6023E already installed and works perfectly. I cant get the computer to recognize the 6503 and when I tried to install the hardware manually I did get a list of NI products but the 6503 was not listed. Is there something I can download that update that list.

Thanks in advance, randy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,614 Views)

Hi Randy-

In order to update the list of supported devices, I would suggest an update to the most recent version of the device drivers that support both your E Series card and the DIO card.  This would be NI-DAQ 7.1.  Please uninstall any versions you have currently installed and then install version 7.1 with the hardware removed from the PC.  Shut down, insert the cards, boot up, and you should hopefully be good to go.  If not, post back here and we'll look for some more suggestions.

Hopefully this helps-

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,602 Views)

I got a simi,ar problem when I install a PCI-6503 on a Win2K(Chinese) system.

I did install the DAQ software first, which is TDAQ7.4(Legacy), then the board was insert into one of PCI slot and rebooted the PC.

The PC says it detects new PCI device and then the Hardware install Wizard runs and finally it says "there is an error during installation, and data is not valid".

I tried manually installing the driver by Device Manager. It looks like there is no driver listed for PCI-6503. Why?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,485 Views)
Hello PrsTech,

It sounds like something became corrupt in your installation of the Traditional NI-DAQ driver.  I would suggest first removing your 6503 card, then uninstalling your current version (through Control Panel >> National Instruments >> Traditional NI-DAQ), download a fresh version copy of the driver from the Driver and Updates page, and then reinstall the driver using the fresh copy of the driver. 

Since you have to reinstall your driver, I was wondering if there was a particular reason you are choosing to use the Traditional NI-DAQ driver instead of the NI-DAQmx driver?  If you don't have a program already written with the Traditional NI-DAQ driver, I think you will be much better off using the NI-DAQmx driver.  The benefits of the NI-DAQmx driver are discussed here.  You can download the NI-DAQmx driver from the Driver and Updates page as well.  If you are using LabVIEW, make sure that your version of the driver works with your LabVIEW version, through this Knowledgebase.

Regards,
Micaela N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,474 Views)