From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA corruption with PXIE 6535

Hello everyone,

I'm usign a NI PXIE 6535 Card (digital input/output) and NI PXIE 6363 (analog input/output) for my experiments. I use a programmable FPGA as external clock sampler for this card. The output signal from the FPGA is sharded to the card via a NI CB 2162 connected to the  PXIE 6535 using anNI Coax cable. This signal is shared to the different card using the common PXI_Trig7 port.

Running my experiment, it appears that the digital card runs at a different frequency that the one normally imposed by the timebase generated by the FPGA whereas the analog card operates at the good frequency. Typically, the digital card operates nearly at the double frequency that the one it should have. The software I use to control my experiment also reports me that the digital card finishes its task more than one 1 second before the time it should normally ends.

All this information seems to be in agreement with a corruption of the FPGA  signal  in the PXIE 6535 card but I'm not able to solve it. I'm also quite surprise that the analog card seems to be unaffected by this problem even if the FPGA must go to the digital card before.

Do you have an idea of where this issue can come from and how to fix it ?

Thnak for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,501 Views)

Hello cdeprez,

You say that the digital card is running at a different frequency that it should. Could you tell us how do you see it ?

Have you tried to make an autotest of your PXIe-6535 card ?

Best regards,

Samir
Ingénieur d'applications
National Instruments - France
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,462 Views)

Thank you for your help but I've just managed to fix the problem : it seems that there was a defective connexion between my FPGA and some of the pins in my CB 2162

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,460 Views)