From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 50405 at DAQmx write to USB-6501

Hello

Have a critical problem.

My company uses the NI USB-6501 OEM in the setup of one of our products. Won't go into what product it is but we have sold 4 of them since this summer and they are all stationed in Norway but far away from me..

After running for a few months at the end of september I got the error "-50405 DAQmx Write (Digital 1D Bool 1Chan 1Samp).vi:2<append> <B>Task Name: </B>_unnamedTask<0>" at one of the terminals. I logged in from a remote location and restartet the computer and got it running again. And since it has happened 5 more times... Three times at the same location and twice at another.

I have added the reset device to my system but that just gives the error "-200220 DAQmx Reset Device.vi:1<append> <B>Device Specified: </B>_unnamedTask<0> "

No USB-hub, No (un)plugging of other usb devices.

An USB - Serial adapter (UC232R-10) from FTDI is present on another port.

I'm trying to reproduce the error on an identical system right now but so far without luck..

Some of my code:

DAQmx - idle.png

Any tips? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,766 Views)

My setup

Hardware:

-Embedded Touch Computer

-AFLMB-9652 Motherboard

-Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller

Software:

-WIN XP Embedded

-Labview runtime 8.5

-Measurement & Automation Explorer 4.6.2

-NI-DAQmx Device Driver 9.1.1

-NI-VISA 4.2

-NI-VISA Runtime 4.2

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,765 Views)

Hi.

This error is caused my loss of contact with the device. Based on your description I assume that you have read the following KB:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3EA2432762C45B298625734D0061D527?OpenDocument

There are several threads in our forum that discusses this issue. You can start out by looking at the link below, and follow the links that appears.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/6009-USB-DAQmx-Read-Error-50405/m-p/1328551?requireLogin=F...

Hopefully this will help you identify and fix the problem.

-Tom

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,696 Views)