From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 200120 at DAQmx Start Task.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I am trying to create an input and output task in two different lines of the same Port. When I am doing this in the Measurement and Automation Explorer, the port works fine with both Input and Output lines, but when I programmatically do it in LabVIEW, I get an error in the DAQmx Start Task.vi.

Error.JPG

I would be glad if any of you could let me know why this is happening. (As the code has to be kept confidential, I can't provide the VIs 😞 )

Regards,
Nitz 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,268 Views)

Any help?? 😞

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,259 Views)

Seems that you are not configuring a line but a port.

At the very least, you should be able to post the DAQmx Create Channel with the physical channel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,255 Views)

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for the reply. I have attached herewith a sample code with the functionality of my code. I am using simulated devices in the MAX for testing this. What I found out so far is most of the PCI and PXI devices do not support simultaneous Input and Output which generates the error. But some devices like PXI 6289 supports the functionality. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong or I'm missing something.

Regards,
Nitz 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,242 Views)

I have no errors and I have a simulated pci device and with real devices, I have been able to do this as well.

Message 5 of 7
(5,237 Views)
Solution
Accepted by NitzZ

Nitz,

What device are you seeing this error with?  Most more recently designed devices (M Series, X Series) allow digital lines to be individually configured.  However, some devices that were designed longer ago support only per-port configurability.  This would be true of PXI-65xx devices, or E Series devices.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Message 6 of 7
(5,224 Views)

Thank you Dennis and Mcdan,

My VI works with the devices lilke PXI6289.. I was trying it for devices like PCI 6503... Anyway i'll try some different approaches for those devices. Thank you once again for you help..

Regards,
Nitz 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,213 Views)