From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200077 when running a NI-DAQmx VI: DAQmx timing (sample clock).vi

I was running a program using NI-DAQmx to run a PCI-6251 card and get the following error:

Error -200077 occurred at Property Node DAQmx Timing (arg 1) in DAQmx Timing (Sample Clock).vi:1->Multi-power, Multi-relay DAQ_modified_Kui.vi

Possible reason(s):
Requested value is not a supported value for this property.
Property: SampTimingType
You Have Requested: Sample Clock
You Can Select: On Demand
Task Name: _unnamedTask<371>

However, when I checked the options, there is nothing that says "on demand".

I am a entry level LabVIEW user. Any comment is appreciated! Thanks! 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(9,360 Views)
To answer your immediate question, the On Demand is the default timing type.  It can be found under DAQmx Timing Property Node :: Timing Type.  But, what's happening is that your 6251 is a software timed device only.  It doesn't support a sample clock.

Jeff

@USCORNLUW wrote:
I was running a program using NI-DAQmx to run a PCI-6251 card and get the following error:

Error -200077 occurred at Property Node DAQmx Timing (arg 1) in DAQmx Timing (Sample Clock).vi:1->Multi-power, Multi-relay DAQ_modified_Kui.vi

Possible reason(s):

Message 2 of 7
(9,340 Views)

Thanks, Jeff. When you say "software timed device", you mean the timing has to be programmed in the labVIEW? In that case, in the property node, the timing type needs to be set to the default "on demand", right?

I also have several hardware-related questions about 6251.

1. When creating channels using DAQmx create channel (AI-Voltage-Basic).vi, do I need to define the reference channel when I configure an anaolog input channel as "differential"? For example, in my application, the AI 0 is connected to the center pin of a BNC cable (signal) and AI 8 is connected to the outside casing of the BNC cable (ground). When I configure AI 0 as differential, do I need to specify AI 8 as the channel that it is "differential" against? Or will it automatically be defined by the way the hardware is connected? 

2. Are the following the same:

A) to configure AI 0 as differential (against AI 😎

B) to define both AI 0 and AI 8 as NRSE (non-referenced single-ended), referencing both to ground and subtract the input from AI 0 from the input from AI 8

Message Edited by USCORNLUW on 01-07-2008 10:31 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(9,336 Views)

Message Edited by USCORNLUW on 01-07-2008 10:32 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(9,336 Views)
Hi USCRONLUW,

Which example is this?  The 6251 ought to support a sample clock.  The example, "Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Int Clk-Non Regeneration.vi" should work with this device.

Jeff

@jcarbonell wrote:
To answer your immediate question, the On Demand is the default timing type.  It can be found under DAQmx Timing Property Node :: Timing Type.  But, what's happening is that your 6251 is a software timed device only.  It doesn't support a sample clock.

Jeff

@USCORNLUW wrote:

Possible reason(s):

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(9,321 Views)

Jeff,

I am not using any of the examples, instead I am developing an application of my own. But I will take a look at the examples. By the way, any thoughts on the channel configuration (differential vs NRSE)? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(9,314 Views)

hi

i wish to relpy to your question on differential vs NRSE.

to the extent of my knowledge, they are different - entirely different.

differential: +ve signal goes to ai0, -ve signal (gnd) goes to ai8. you will measure a difference between ai0 and ai8.

NRSE: +ve signal goes to ai0, -ve signal goes to AISENSE. you will measure the siganl wrt ground/earth. connect another signal to ai8. +ve of that signal goes to ai8, -ve goes to AISENSE. you are still measuring the signal wrt ground/earth.

Look at the link for more information:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5362

good luck 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(8,640 Views)