From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1074118579 The acquisition could not keep up with expected data generation

Hi, Smiley Happy

I have configured the following VI to generate a waveform pattern that writes to a memory device. My intention is to write multiple data to the on-board memory of the HSDIO and perform a generate and compare operation.

When I load a pattern for smaller data sizes the VI performs as expected. However when I load a larger data set, the VI results in the following error.

Error -1074118579

Possible reason(s):
Driver Status: (Hex 0xBFFA404D) The acquisition could not keep up with expected data generation. Ensure the acquisition is triggered within 512 samples of the start of generation. If you are using an external sample clock, make sure it is within the jitter and voltage specifications.

Status Code: -239304

I have connected PFI1 and PFI2 for the start trigger and using four PXI-6551 devices. I would like to find any mistake I'm making in the code or more details on the above error that could be used to troubleshoot further.

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,822 Views)

Resave in 2011 version and attach zip again.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,671 Views)

Just in case anyone searches for this error, there is one way to get this error to occur (at least with a PXIe 6556 HSDIO card):

1. Set the property node "niHSDIO.SupportedDataStates = 0, 1, Z, L, H, X (stim/resp)

2. Do NOT have an acquisition session

The problem is that the LabVIEW expects an acquistion session because you are using acquistion states (L, H, X) as a property.

So, you can either setup an aquistion (I think, I didn't try it) or set the properties of you DIO card to support only drive states.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,254 Views)