Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive 24V relays using 9476

Hello,

I am new to Labview and to Digital output module in general.

I would like to use an NI 9476 to actuate 24 V relays. My setup consists of a 24 V power supply feeding into the Vsup and COM channels and I have multiple relays connected to the terminal blocks and would like to pass control signals (continuous signal when on) to them.

I tried to use DAQ assitant passing the signal to the desired output, but I am getting the following error.

Non-buffered hardware-timed operations are not supported for this device and Channel Type. Error - 201025.

I read through knowledge base and reveiw the forum search results, but was not able to understand.

Can I still use DAQ assitant to control outputs on 9476 or do I need to write new codes for this?

It would be greatly appreciated if you could give me some guides to work on this. (Like simple VI to start with).

Thank you.

Jake

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,581 Views)

Hi Jake,

What settings did you apply to the DAQ Assistant? It looks like error -201025 is related to non bufferred hardware timed operations not being supported by your device. One suggestion is to set the buffer size greater than 0, do not configure sample clock timing, or set sample timing type to On Demand. 

There are a bunch of examples for LabVIEW if you navigate to Help>> Find Examples in LabVIEW. The Example Finder will open up. Once in the Example Finder you can navigate to the Browse tab, Hardware Input and Output>> DAQmx>> Digital Output. There should be several digital output examples you can browse through and play with. I hope this helps. Welcome to LabVIEW!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,541 Views)

Hi Robert,

Thank you so much for your reply. I found one exmaple file in the forum and wrote my own one to control relays.

It seems it is working for my circuit.

Thank you for your help.

Jake

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,534 Views)