From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dirac Delta Pulse for Black Box Indentification

Hi

I am trying to create a vi for system identification purpose. I am using Agilent 4140B pico Ammeter\ DC Voltage source. The idea is to create a dirac delta pulse (whihc is a pulse of infinite amplitude and zero width) and send it through the transmission line to the deivce. The response, reflection, absorption and disspiation of the device in voltage and current can be calcuated by the caputring the response of the device.

Another way is to keep on trigger the dc voltage source at different levels and create a sine wavefrom for a particular time period for a time. The reflection response of the device's voltage and current wavefrom is to be compared to the incident sine wave at the zero phase points sholud contain information about the device.This is like impedance matching and transmission line reflection charactertics experiment.

I am having trouble in implementing the dirac and sine wave.

Please advise and share an example code.

Regards

Karan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,186 Views)

Your subVIs are missing. Attach and post to the instrument control board. You question has nothing to do with an NI digital I/O board.

You should also consider getting rid of the stacked sequnce structure.

Message 2 of 3
(3,183 Views)

Karan,

I agree with Dennis, this thread may get more results on a different board. Maybe Instrument Control. I saw you posted another thread under DIO, please try to only create one thread per question.

In any case, what NI hardware are you using? Do you need help setting up your hardware for the experiment, or is your question more theoretical?

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,160 Views)