Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital output 9472 COM terminal- digital or analog ground?

Hello. 

I am using NI crio  9012, chassis 9103, NI 9472 Digital Output and NI 9225 Analog Input modules. 

Is the COM terminal of digital output module analog or digital ground? If it is a digital ground, should I connect the -ve of DC supply to 9472 directly to COM or should I place a capacitor or RC in between to separate analog and digital grounds?

I am connecting a 24V dc supply directly to the Vsup and COM of digital output module. Now the COM terminal of the digital oputput module will be analog ground or digital ground? 

Please help me soon. 

Thank You.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,385 Views)

The COM on the 9472 should connect directly to the ground of whatever it is the digital lines are going to.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,376 Views)

But to the Vsupply and COM terminals, I am giving a 10V dc voltage input through a regulated power supply module.This regulated power supply module is powered using a single phase ac voltage input, 230V. So now, since the negative of the RPS is analog, and as this analog -ve is given to COM terminal of NI 9227, wouldn't the COM terminal be an analog ground and not a digital gorund? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,332 Views)