Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital IO write pattern to specific line in a port

I am using a 6533 DIO-32HS board. I have each individual line configured by MAX into virtual digital channels. By taking the example in the lib. called "buffered pattern IO", I modified the DIO group config vi. with DIO port config. to configure individual line. The rest of the vi. is about the same as the example but I can't seem to get it to work. Is any DIO guru out there have any suggestion?

This is a simple problem but it seems like there is no simple way to do things. Is it just me that's having problems with Digital IO in LABVIEW?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,415 Views)
Hi,

You are mixing buffered operation VIs (DIO Config, DIO Start, DIO Write) with non buffered VI (PortConfig, Port Write,Port Read). This will not work. Buffered pattren I/O example can configure 1,2 or 4 ports and then transfers the pattren at specified clock rate from PC buffer to the output port on the board. This is usually done for high speed pattren generation.

If you want to just configure individual line as input/output you might want to run "Immediate Digital Input and Output" examples that ship with NIDAQ. This examples use software timing (speed of while loop) to write/read to digital lines. Using "line direction map" on Port Config VI you can configure individual lines for input or output. The only thing you need to remember is that when you are writing t
o port, mask out the lines that you have confiured as output.

Hope this would make sense 2 U.

A Rafiq
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,414 Views)