Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between FFC connector and FPC connector ?

When I search for information about FPC connectors, FFC/FPC connectors often pop out. So what is the difference between them anyway?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,717 Views)

Hi,

Maybe you can refer to the following link:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/difference-between-ffc-fpc-della-tan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,693 Views)

Regarding this question, I have asked my friend who works at Winconn connector manufacturer(www.wis-connector.com). He said that people often confuse FFC connectors and FPC connectors when it comes to connectors. Although both are flexible cable connectors there are still distinguishable differences. FFC connectors are flexible flat cable connectors. FPC connectors are flexible print circuit connectors. Structurally speaking, their wiring is formed with different methods. FPCs use chemical etching to form FCCL (flexible copper clad laminate) wiring. It can be single, double, or multiple layered structure flexible circuitry. On the other hand, FFCs use an upper and lower layer of insulation foil with a layer of flat copper foil in between. The final product is simpler and thicker. From a cost standpoint, FFCs are naturally cheaper. Therefore, some companies that are concerned with production costs choose FFC designs. However, from a practical and functional standpoint, FPC connectors are the future.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,660 Views)