Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between DAQ devices and RIO devices

Please let me know the difference between DAQ Devices and RIO devices in application oriented. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,702 Views)

A DAQ device has fixed functionality and it controlled by the DAQmx API.  A RIO device requires you to program the FPGA to make the custom functionality (special waveform outputs, High Speed DIO protocols, etc) and use the LabVIEW FPGA interface.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,622 Views)

Thank you for the basic difference,

The functions what we do with myDAQ, can we do the same with myRIO also?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,620 Views)

@bhimaabhilash wrote:

Thank you for the basic difference,

The functions what we do with myDAQ, can we do the same with myRIO also?

It is a little more effort on the myRIO, but it can do the same tasks as the myDAQ (assuming you have the right IO).  But if you aren't doing actual RealTime decision making and/or custom high-speed DIO, I would stick with the myDAQ.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,616 Views)

Thank you very much crossrulz.

i want to know is there any specific task that only myDAQ can do other than myRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,608 Views)

@bhimaabhilash wrote:

i want to know is there any specific task that only myDAQ can do other than myRIO.

Not really.  You just have to program the myRIO to do it instead of just using the API NI already supplied.

What exactly are you trying to do?  If you have more specifics, it would be easier to direct you in a better path.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,605 Views)

I am just knowing the difference between myRIO and myDAQ. as i am interested in working with LabVIEW, in future i can use the dedicated hardware for my project if i know the specific tasks that both hardware can do individually.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,591 Views)

Hi
Here you can find 

Specifications Explained: cDAQ and cRIO Chassis and Controllers

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53091/en/

bhovhann
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,559 Views)