Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developing HW test for PXI-6527

Hi All,

Fairly new in the LabView world so bear with me here. I have a bunch of 6527 cards laying around in the lab with bad channels in them.

That said, I'm trying to come up with a way to test every relay in those channels. I'm not sure if Self test in the NI front panel will help with that.

Any feedback or ideas will be appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(884 Views)

Self-test will not test the front-end circuits, so you will not know if any front-end circuits are damaged.

You can create a test setup with a bunch of loopback cables with a power supply to connect outputs with inputs, this way you can test both outputs and inputs. If you can afford more, you can manually test one of those cards and then use it to drive and receive signals from another test card.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(875 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I like the idea of using a good 6527 card to test the others but then again I'd like to keep it simple.

That said, is there an example of a LabView vi to do this. I only need something to use as baseline.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(850 Views)

You can pick any of the DAQmx DI and DO examples and modify them to suit your needs. The concept is to generate a 1 and 0 on DO and see if you detect them properly on the DI of your card under test and similarly generate 1 and 0 from the card under test and see if you can read that back using your known good card.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 4 of 5
(847 Views)

I checked LabView but no luck. I'll look around. You've given me the idea now. Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(840 Views)