Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIO queries

Hi,

I'm using Daq CF-6004 from the manual i understand that the supply from the Daq itself is 3.3 V. The question is do the supply 3.3 V do any effect when i create a signal output from DIO port? Is DIO port solely generate a certain voltage when a i write a 1 constant to it disregard the Daq supply? Please shed some light on this. I'm really new using Daq and encounter with DIO.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,717 Views)

Hi

You can look at the voltage levels of a digital high and low on page 2 of the data sheet. I have attached it here. The 3.3V supply does not effect the voltage at the digital output. The minimum voltage for a digital high is 2.5V and the maximum voltage for a digital low is 0.8V when you output a signal to the DIO line.

I hope this helps

Regards

Beejal S
NI UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,698 Views)
Hi,

Thanks for pointing this out, I neglected that part.
1 more question i had able to develop a Vi's which control the four DIO port, but i found that the output voltage from it is very low.
Is this possible? If so how can i solve it?

Regards,
Wyatt
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,693 Views)

Hi Wyatt

I just have a few questions to help understand the problem in order to help you:

1) What are the exact voltages that you are getting?

2) What voltage do you get when you set the port to high in you code? What voltage do you get when you set it to low?

3) Can you attach the code that you are using so I can see exactly what you are trying to do?

Regards

Beejal S
NI UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,667 Views)
Hi Bijal,

My problem solved i just add a simple transistor switch to provide a power supply i wanted.
The voltage i get from Daq provide me 3.3 v when only 1 port is distinguished.
However, when i try to set the four port to high the voltage i get merely 1 v and 0 v when low.

Thanks anyway.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,599 Views)