From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIO - Single Line vs Port (U8) Write

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a wierd situation:

I am using a NI 6509 Digital I/O card, with 4x digital outputs connected to P2.3 thru P2.6.

1. I setup a task to write to these lines using a group of global virtual channels - all done in MAX.

2. I have used this task/setup on previous occassions with good success.

3. Yesterday it stopped working.

4. Now the old task does not work.

5. I have reset the device (and PC) on multiple occassions

6. I created a "NEW" task which writes to the whole port at once (i.e. U8) and I can measure the output voltage changing fine (using  DMM) when I run this VI.

7. So I know that the digital outputs are working... but when I try the old task again, it still does not work.

Can anyone please tell me of a reason why this behaviour might occur. I know that some DIO products can do port read/writes only.

I am suspicious that the device (our product) the DIO card is connected to might have been accidentally connected in such a way that there were two competing output signals/pins connected to the same wire.

Does this sound like a hardware fault?

Any suggestions muchly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,125 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sammy346

Don't bother, I found the fault - the external hardware had been changed without me knowing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,119 Views)