Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQCard-6533 driver not working

I am using the DAQCard-6533 with the PCMCIA interface.  I have installed Traditional NIDAQ version 7.4.4 as well as the lastest base version of the DAQmx (version 3.2). 

Every driver I have installed for this device has not worked.   I have tried the "DAQCard-6533", the "DAQCard-6533 for cardbus", and the "6533" drivers.  All result in a non-working device that is not recognized in the MAX.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,120 Views)

Has your device ever worked on this computer?  Can you get the device to be recognized in another system?  What operating system are you using?  The traditional DAQ driver you downloaded has support for the DAQCard-6533 so it should be recognized after this driver was installed.  Also, try seeing if you can find the card in the device manager.

Message Edited by Jordan F on 02-11-2009 10:00 AM
Regards,
Jordan F
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,104 Views)

Thanks for the reply . . . 

The device has not worked on this computer before.  However, another system is able to recognize it.  Both systems use Windows XP. 

Also, windows is able to recognize the device in the device manager, but I get the yellow bang (!) next to the device's icon.  The properties window for the device says that it is not working, regardless of which driver I use. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,095 Views)

What are the differences between the two computers (Type, drivers installed, etc.)?   Do you have any other cards to try in this computer?  Are you using any third party adapters with the card on one of the computers?   

Regards,
Jordan F
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,079 Views)

Both machines are Dell's with very similar hardware and software specs.

The machine on which the device works has:

PCMCIA adapter: O2Micro smart cardbus controller

DAQCard-6533 driver: version 1.10.0f0 (from 2005)

The machin on which the device does not work has:

PCMCIA adapter: Texas Inst. Cardbus controller

DAQCard-6533 driver: version 2.3.0f0 (from 2008)

I have tried to get the 2005 version of the driver so I can install it on the desired machine, but I am not sure how to do this. 

Also, I am not sure if the difference in smartcard controller hardware types between the two systems is an issue.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,060 Views)
Do you have any other cards to try on the non working computer to see if it works?  Also, are you using an external PCMCIA adapter for the card?  If so, try switching the PCMCIA adapters to see if the problem follows with the adapter.  This way we can narrow down the problem to the software. 
Regards,
Jordan F
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,042 Views)

I have tried a different PCMCIA card - with success.  The device was seen by Windows, and the driver was able to be successfully install, resulting in a working device. 

As for adapters - I am not using any adapters - the card is being plugged straight into my laptop. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,025 Views)

That is interesting that another card was recognized and works on the computer.  Was the device you tested a 6533?  If so, are there any known differences between the cards and does the non recognized card work in the computer that the other device came from?  It seems like there may be an issue with the cardbus controller driver compatibility.  

Regards,
Jordan F
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,982 Views)
The other card tested was not a 6533.  The other card has not been used in any other computers to my knowledge - that is, this was the first time we have tried using it on any computer.  
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,975 Views)

The issue seems to be with the drivers installed on the computer.  Have you checked all of the drivers (in Measurement and Automation Explorer, Traditional DAQ, DAQmx, etc.) to see the differences between the computer where the card works with the computer that does not work.  In an earlier post you said something about the smart cardbus controller and how it differed between the computers (where did you find that information?) .  It seems like this may have some effect on why the card is not being recognized.

Regards,
Jordan F
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,954 Views)