From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ signal accessory 50-pin I/O not working

Solved!
Go to solution

Why is the 50-pin I/O in my 6014 DAQ not working? please help guys

when I use the analog channels available on my signal accessory, it works. however, if I use the analog channels on the 50-pin MIO, it does not work at all.

do i need to enable it or what?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,631 Views)

Hi jerlim,

What is your exact setup?  And what exactly are you trying to do? You shouldn't need to specifically enable it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,578 Views)

sir, thanks for the reply.

just want to be sure. i am using this board:

board.JPG

i want to utilize as much analog and digital IO pins. however, it does not work when i use the 50-pin whether NRSE or Differential. it only works when i use the quick connect for analog. in that case, i would be limited to only 2 analog inputs and no digital IO since there are no quick connects for digital IO.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,567 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jerlim
You aren't making much sense. The 50 pin connectors are for connecting to a 50 pin daq device. You should really be using something like the scb-68 breakout board.
Message 4 of 7
(5,561 Views)

ooh.sorry.i'm still new. so i can't just selectively use some of the pins? (e.g 4 digital IO pins) sorry. my bad 😞

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,556 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jerlim

This is pretty old hardware. As Dennis mentioned, you can use a breakout board from the 68-pin D-SUB connector. The SCC-68 is listed under Accessories here. The SCB-68 is here. The SCB-68A is here. The pinouts are in the user manual here. I recommend reading through the different relevant sections of it for more answers.   A link to the Lab/1200 Series support is here.

Message 6 of 7
(5,529 Views)

thanks guys. kudos to both of you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,521 Views)