Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashes when running mutiple c programs using Ni-DAQ 7.1

When trying to run two seperate programs using the NI-DAQ 7.1 Drivers, the program which is run second crashes with the error "The application failed to initialise properly". The error is similar to the help request below

Document ID: 246ER2FI

The fix from this document did not fix the problem.

Is it possible to run two programs using the same drivers?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,131 Views)
Hello Ryan,
You description sounds like a known issue when using Traditional NI-DAQ 7.x (and prior versions of NI-DAQ). This is described in KnowledgeBase article 2Q1HG8A6: "Unusual Error Messages Loading, Executing, or Debugging an Application When Using NI-DAQ for Windows". The simplest workaround is to switch to NI-DAQmx which is better architected for multiprocess & multithreaded use. If this is not an option, please try the other workarounds listed in this KnowledgeBase.

If that does not work, please post additional details such as: what the programs do, how are they built, your system configuration, and so forth. I would
also strongly recommend running your application (the instance that fails) through the "Profile" option of Dependency Walker 2.x.

Sincerely,
Jeremiah
Staff Product Support Engineer -- Systems Software
National Instruments -- http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,131 Views)
Thanks, I will give those things a try.

I am using Windows 2000 and the two programs are mfc c++ aplications. I have tried changing the locations of the NI-DAQ include and lib files for each program but they are referencing back to the same Dll anyway.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Ryan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,131 Views)