Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conver TTL into Relay

Can i also ask for a list of compatible relays to be use to turn on/off some appliances in the house using that relay... Our group is having a hard time looking for the prescibed relay that we've found on one of our research project.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 38
(6,568 Views)

Choosing relays is not as simple as one might think.

depends on: switch voltage, switch current, nominal voltage, nominal current, AC and/or DC, temperature, reaction time, number of contacts, electrical lifetime, mechanical lifetime, coil voltage, and so on.....

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 38
(6,565 Views)
We are supposed to use a 12V relay (RWH-SH-112D) rated as 250VAC at 12A but its not available in any electronic shop we've visited. Do you have any suggestion for us to use as alternative to this relay?
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 38
(6,545 Views)

Try a search at Farnell

With a quick look I found G2R-1A-E-DC12 from Omron. See this for a complete list of 12VDC  SPST relays

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 38
(6,533 Views)
Digi-Key.com is also another good option.  A quick search there for 12V relay rated at 12A @ 250VAC gives these results.
former NIer
Austin Walton, Engineering Manager
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 38
(6,527 Views)
We've found our option... But we are not sure if it will work... We indeed need a relay rated as 250VAc at 12A. We found a relay in the market with a rating of 250VAC but at only 10A. Do you think it would work with our circuit?? It only consists of a parallel port connected to a relay driver which is connected to a relay. A 12V input is also use to power the circuit. Our required output should make any home appliances work.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 38
(6,511 Views)
Where I live normally the home circuit breakers are 16A. So any relay used at home must be capable of handling 16A. With a bit of safety build in I would use 18 to 20A
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 38
(6,507 Views)
Ok ... Thanks for all the replies...
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 38
(6,497 Views)
Hi ! I did´nt find a ULN2803 model in Multisim Library. Can someone help me to find a article, link or similar that teach to build or import that model ?

Thanks a lot ! 
Brazilian Engeneering - Beginer in Electronics
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 38
(6,385 Views)
Maybe you can build your own model using the "inner circuit" of the ULN2803. Each section consists of two resistors, two transistors (an NPN universal model will do) and a diode.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 38
(6,374 Views)