From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect my PCIe 6534B to different electronics

Hello,

I would like to connect my PCIe 6535B card to different elecronics via SMA or/and BNC cables. According the National Instrument technician, the card is not compatible with any BNC or SMA connection bloc (like BNC-2090A or SMA-2165), but he was not able to tell me why. Do anyone has an idea?

I am thinking about soldering some SMA and BNC terminations to the connection cable of the PCIe 6535B, what should I take care about?

Thank you a lot for your help

S.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,175 Views)

Hi Sachawel,

What do you mean by "connect my PCIe 6535B card to different elecronics via SMA or/and BNC cables" ?

Do you want to have BNC directly on the device or do you want to be able to send your signal to BNC inputs on another device ?

Maxime L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,135 Views)

You can use the 653x Cable Adapter >> SHC68-C68-D4 Cable >> SMB-2163 for connections via SMB.

You can view these accesory options on the product page here: https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/model/pcie-6535b.html

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,124 Views)

Dear Maxime_L,

Thank you for your answer. I meant I want to send the signal from the 6535B to BNC and/or SMA input of my electonics. For example I would like to send pulse sequences to different RF switches (SMA connector).

Sachawel

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,113 Views)

Dear Grandmaster_P,

Is is not possible to use a CB-2162 and solder the different pins to 50 Ohm SMA connectors, as shows the scheme attached?

Thank you,

Sachawel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,107 Views)

You could certainly do that, but the signal integrity would undoubtedly suffer.

The fact that you want to pass the signal through 50Ω RF switches, going through the CB-2162 would already drop the quality of your signal on top of the impact of soldering SMA connectors to it.

Generally, you wouldn't want to switch the signals from the HSDIO device, but rather make direct connections to the DUT or instrument. If you need more channel count, then multiple devices would be the preferred method. Even RF Switches have a limited bandwidth that could dull the sharp edges of your signal and otherwise impact the signal.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,095 Views)