From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change detection in PCIe 6509 in shared board

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a situation where I have multiple applications sharing the ports of a pcie 6509.  This works correctly for static dio, However, when I set up a change detection, I can only set up on one application at a time, in spite of addressing a different port on each application.  Is this a feature or is there a way to do this?  I am interfacing using:

Daqmx 18.6

Measurement Studio

C#

Visual Studio 2017

thanks, Derek Hopkins

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,215 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Derek_Hopkins

It is expected.  There is only one change detection engine on the 6509 (and every DAQ board NI makes if I'm not mistaken).  You can see here on the list of internal signals that there's only one:

Untitled.png

In general, accessing the same device from multiple applications is risky.  If one crashed, for example, you could leave the DAQ board in a bad state that could affect the other applications.  Is there a reason you couldn't make multiple parallel processes within the same application that each communicate with a central DAQ monitoring module?  Or perhaps have some independent DAQ application that then broadcasts state and transition information over a network protocol for other applications to consume?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,194 Views)

yes, both of those options are possibilities and we will explore whether they give us the response time for up to 8 channels that we require.

thanks,

Derek Hopkins

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,186 Views)