Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change NI-9223 to NI-9201 as an alternative

Hi all, 

currently, we apply NI-9223 and NI 9264 as a standard part of our DAQ system. However, we are now discussing if we could swap NI-9223 to NI-9201 whose sampling rate is 500ks/s/ch as an affordable alternative. We don't need the sampling rate as fast as 1Ms/s/ch actually. The difference of resolution doesn't mean too much in our test. So, is it workable? 

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(711 Views)

You lose quite a lot of features and it is even possible that 9201 may not even fit your application.

From software, it might work just fine but hardware performance is widely different.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 3
(694 Views)

Thanks, 

it does lose some key feature as I look more close at the specs like simultaneous sample. In general, may I say, I can use 92-series without any compatibility issue despite losing some features. For example, I pick up 9225 or 9222 with inferior sampling rate. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(663 Views)