Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the PXI-6541 generate and acquire at the same time?

Solved!
Go to solution
I have a PXI-6541. I noticed for the software that there are two functions: niHSDIO_InitAcquisitionSession and niHSDIO_InitGenerationSession. I would expect a single function to initiate the card? Is this card capable of having some pins configured as outputs while some are configured as inputs or does the entire card have to be configured as all input or all output? If I can use some pins as inputs and some as outputs, which function do I use to initiate the card?
Message Edited by Steve Block on 12-15-2008 11:51 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,168 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steve_Block

Hi!

Yes, each channel is independently configurable for generation, acquisition, or simultaneous generation and acquisition operations. Generation and acquisition logic families on the NI 654x are independently selectable—you can select one logic family for all generation channels and a different logic family for all acquisition channels.

There are a couple different examples that show how to set this up:

Start>>Programs>>National Instruments>>NI-HSDIO>>Examples>>C>>Static>>StaticGenerationAndAcquisition

Start>>Programs>>National Instruments>>NI-HSDIO>>Examples>>C>>Dynamic Generation and Aquisition>>DynamicAcqAndGen-SourceSynchronous

You will end up using both the niHSDIO_InitAcquisitionSession and niHSDIO_InitGenerationSession to configure the channels as desired.

Regards,
Jordan F
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,154 Views)