Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see all my channels on USB 6210 in NI-DAQmx

I am trying to activate different I/O channels on my USB6210 but I can only see Digital I/O channels 1-4 on my DAQmx. I am not sure how to proceed. Please help 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(1,396 Views)

Please share some snippet of what you see. It is unlikely that would be a case.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(1,391 Views)

Hi Thanks for your reply. I am going to attach some screen shots. I also realize I mispoke. I am looking at my device under NI-Max. In image 1 we can see my device. In image 2, I am under the configuration tab and can only see port one. In addition, I am unable to select and power-up lines 4-7. In image 3, I can see under test panels that I should be able to change some ports to output ports, which is what I need but I cannot make any changes. Please let me know if there are any additional photos that I can send. 

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

Image 3.jpg

  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(1,369 Views)

You've to select an appropriate port to see those channels.

santo_13_0-1663870934477.png

You've Port0 and Port1 for digital lines and P0 is all input and P1 is all output as evident from your device datasheet,

santo_13_1-1663871021147.png

To see the Analog input channels you've to select the appropriate tab,

santo_13_2-1663871073646.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(1,359 Views)

Thank you again for your response, i really appreciate your help. I did try this of course but was still unable to activate my channels. I will try to send more photos as soon as possible. I am not in lab again till Monday, but will try to ask someone to send them to me tomorrow. Otherwise I will respond then. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(1,355 Views)

Dear Santhosh, 

I am sorry that I am having a difficult time figuring this out. I have attached a photo of what my screen looks like under the port1Test Panels tab (image 1_).  Basically I have a home written Labview program and I need to assign a port to trigger a light source shutter (Image 2_ and 3_). When I assign port that is responsible to trigger the light and where my cable is inserted it does not trigger the light shutter. Right now the wire is in the 7th port under digital I/O which to my understanding should be port 1.1. I am very grateful for your help in resolving this problem. 

Thank you, 

Sara

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(1,326 Views)

Hi Santhosh, 

Is there any possibility of further support with this problem? I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks again, 

Sara

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(1,288 Views)

Are you the developer? if not, it is best to reach out to the developer to debug further.

If you want to debug the code, please share the code for us to understand what it is trying to achieve and why it may not work.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(1,276 Views)

Dear Santhosh, 

I am sorry for the significant delay in my response. I am not the author of the code and needed to get approval to post anything before I could upload it. I am not sure if these are the files you need as I am not familiar with programming in this language. These are the ones the interface allowed me to upload. Please let me know if I can send additional information. 

Thanks a lot, 

Sara

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(799 Views)

Using the USB-6210, I needs to trigger a shutter for my light source with my digital output and I need to record an incoming electrical signal with my analog input channels. When I change my channels on the ERG interface to what I believe I have my shutter trigger and electrical signals plugged into on the USB (image screen shot 1), I get no shutter response and no incoming signal. When I try to abort my actions and start again I get an error signal as seen in the attached screen shot (screen shot 2). I really am stuck. I have also attached a photo of my USB 6210 device where my wires are plugged in (USB photo). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best, 

Sara

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(795 Views)