From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't import VCD file in Digital Waveform Editor

Actually the file size went from 4Ghz one signal to 210Mhz 32 signals by just removing the LIB directory information from the end of the VCD file.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,381 Views)
Actually the file size went from 4Ghz one signal to 210Mhz 32 signals by just removing the LIB directory information from the end of the VCD file.

"Sorry", I can't type I meant 4Gbytes one signal to 210Mbytes 32 signals
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,346 Views)
UPDATE:

The VCD Importing Tools in the Digital Waveform Editor v2.0 or greater have been updated to address these oversampling issues.

v2.0 added some new features to the VCD importing tool to address this oversampling issue. The new feature allows you to import data from your VCD file at specific intervals of time. The specific internval can be based on a clock signal within the VCD file, or based on a user specified interval. The benefit of using a specific interval or clock signal for importing is that any edge that is just a few picoseconds outside of the expected boundary will be either pulled into the previous boundary or pushed out to the next boundary.

You can download a trial version of the DWE v2.0 from our website, NI.com.
http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/13050
Look for the Resources tab, and you will see a link to Evaluation Software.
(warning - the download file is very large)

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,125 Views)