From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone please help me find a VI file that I could use to get started to use the digital I/O of seaPORT 8206 DIN from Sealevel systems Inc. ?

Hello Mahen15385,

Some 3rd party manufacturers provide a set of LabVIEW VIs that interface with their boards using DLLs; you can contact the manufacturer of your board to see if they have any available. Some provide the VIs as a free download from their website, and other's may provide them for a fee. If your board manufacturer does not have VIs available, you can use the VISA driver development wizard to assign NI-VISA as the device driver for your board. The VISA driver development wizard is a utility that installs with NI-VISA, and lets you create a device driver for PXI, PCI, USB, and Firewire devices. After you create the driver for your board, you can communicate with the board in LabVIEW using the NI-VISA API. See the NI-VISA Help document for more information.

Best regards,

Ali M

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,730 Views)

I have a drive for the 440U. Possibly it could be modified for the 8206.

Michael
mebels@metasolns.com
Message 4 of 5
(3,487 Views)

All,

After playing with this for a day got everything to work.  For SeaLevel USB devices it also needs the ftd2xx.dll and an special open call, "SeaDAQ Lite x" where x is the device number.

Attached is my simple code for the 8115 relay module and the entire SeaMAX DLL built for LabVIEW.  Hope this saves everyone who uses their porducts some time.

Matt

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,202 Views)