Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a USB-6501 input bit trigger an event frame?

Solved!
Go to solution

Attached are two screen shots of the LabVIEW code I need the USB-6501 to work with.

Shown in the file:  “LaserScan Motor Controller.Motor Model - Value Change.png” is where the bit change event is configured, and armed.

Shown in file: “Task out Signal.png” is the Event Frame that is triggered when the bit is changed.

This is working in a digital IO PCI card. But now, due to the need for this work in a laptop, I need it working with USB digital IO device. Can the USB-6501, or other digital USB device, trigger this event frame?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(745 Views)

Hi,

Looks like the critical part of the code is this "Change Detection" timing type for a Digital Input channel.  You can simulate a USB-6501 in MAX and test this code.  If the USB-6501 doesn't support this, you'll know right away, LabVIEW will return an error immediately.

RIObotics_0-1685662836129.png

What was the model of the PCI DIO card?  Perhaps you can compare the specs with USB-6501.

Alternatively, USB-6501 is relatively inexpensive and easy to find on ebay.  You'll spend a little money, but you'll know the answer for sure.

BR

John

Add motion to LabVIEW in 30min or less - TENET EMotion
Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(723 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Artst

I learned from NI tech support by way of Newark tech support that the USB device I need is the USB-6525. The USB-6501 cannot do it.

A list of devices that can trigger an event in LabVIEW in response to an input bit state change is here:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000PAqXSAW&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(655 Views)

Glad you found the solution!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(638 Views)