From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I generate digital waveforms for PXI-6541 using c# code?

I have a PXI-6541 which I am using to generate some digital waveforms during my experimental run. I would like to be able to dynamically change some of the waveforms as these control parameters I would like to vary in our experiment (more specifically, I want to vary the pulse length of an analog signal generated by a DDS, which is in turn controlled digitally through the PXI-6541), so I don't think the NI Digital Waveform Editor is the best solution. Is it possible to generate waveforms for this card using the c# DAQmx libraries? I've seen some examples such as tps://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-26608, but this doesn't seem to be compatible with the card I have. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,475 Views)

Hi Jimmy,

What environment are using for controlling the card ? There is a DynamicenrationSoftwareScriptTrigger in CVI (it's in C) that I think you will find usefull. 

Could you give me more details when you describe that the community example isn't compatible, have you tried to use it ? 

Kind Regards,
Lucas
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,465 Views)