cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C68-C68-D4 Temperature Range

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I tried to solve my doubt searching for datasheets or some other support document in the NI website and the Internet using Google, but I have not been succeeded. So I came here in hope that someone has this information, or know where to find it.

I need to use the C68-C68-D4 cable to interface the PXIe-6535 module with a DUT that will be allocated inside a thermal chamber, which temperature will vary between -40°C and 85°C. I would like to know if this cable can be handled with these temperature values, without being damaged? Also, I would like to know what is the temperature range for this model?

Thanks and best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,733 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lkindermann

Hi lkindermann,

Here is the data sheet for the C68-C68-D4 cable http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376388a.pdf. The cables is designed to meet UL 61010-1, which covers safe operation under the following temperatures: 5C to 40C. https://standardscatalog.ul.com/standards/en/standard_61010-1_3

The temperature rating of the PXIe-6535 is 0C to 55C. This data is available here: http://www.ni.com/datasheet/pdf/en/ds-114

Message 2 of 6
(2,699 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lkindermann

Hi lkindermann,

Although in fact there is no temperature information on the C68-C68-D4, the datasheet warns you to not exceed the operating specifications for the device connected to the SHC68-C68-D4, and advices users to refer to the documentation for your high-speed digital device for the warranted, maximum operating temperature, additional environmental requirements, and pinouts. This means that NI cannot guarantee neither its total functionality nor its physical integrity

If we look at the PXIe-6535 Datasheet, its Operating Temperature is 0 ºC to +55 ºC. Then, you can consider that range as the range for your cable.

Best,

Felipe Flores
Applications Engineer II
National Instruments Brazil

Message 3 of 6
(2,695 Views)

Hi goett,

Thanks for your reply. 

Having know of this standard really helps to get an idea of the limits that I need for my temperature issue.

Since it's limit is below of the value I need, probably I'll develop an interface board to drive the DUT inside the chamber, connecting both with a more robust cable. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,678 Views)

Hi felipe.flores,

Thanks for your reply. 

I presume that I should consider the limits of the unshielded version of C68-C68-D4 with the same temperature specs of the shileded version.

Since it's below of the value I need, I'll try to solve this problem as I said above.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,676 Views)

Hey lkindermann,

You're very welcome. Yes! you presumed it right! Your strategy to solve the problem seems to be quite fair.

Could you mark one of the answers give as the solution for your question? This would help other users to find it quicker.

Cheers,

Felipe Flores
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,650 Views)