Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An Example for I/O with de PCMCIA 6533 with external clock

Hello everybody,

FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WHO TAKES THE TIME TO READ MY MESSAGE!

I am a student from Holland and I am working for a very important project (to me :)).
I am working with labview and bought a PCMCIA daqcard. I will explain my situation and hope that someone can answer my questions. Please forgive me if I spell something wrong.

I want to write data to an external system and read from the external system with my Laptop.
It is at TTL level so it's 0..5V. Therefore I bought the PCMCIA 6533.
The transport of the binary data is special, I will explain.

I is send with 8 bits serial and 3 bits parallel. Total of 24 bits and some commands for the system
see example
BINAIRYDATA --->
----------------------------------------------
1 4 7 10 13 16 19 22 req1 trig1
[Laptop] 2 5 8 11 14 17 20 23 req2 trig2 [system]
3 6 9 12 15 18 21 24 reg3 trig3
->->->->->->->->->->BSI>->->->->->->->->->->->BSI
----------------------------------------------

you see that the binary code is divided on 3 lines.
With a clock pulse everytime 3 bits will transfer into the system.
First (trig1,trig2,trig3) then the system returns an ACK, then (reg1,2,3) than the system returns an ACK, then 22,23,24 etc.

Bitsynchronisation is crucial for this because we need to clock the bits at the same speed as the system.
Therefore I want to connect the system clock ( SEE BSI IN DRAWING ) on the laptop trough the PCMCIA 6533 card.
( understand that BSI is developed from BSU the system clock)

I am now at a stadium that I am ready to send the data but now I must to find out how to programming in labview to send my data to a port. I think I need to use "Write to Line" and not "write to port" is that correct?
And how to program a external clock in labview.
I am looking for some examples for this situation and any experience on this level is welcome.

I hope that someone understand my situation and off course I will try to explain it better if you have any questions.

With kind regards en thanks for reading this (big) message,

Johan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,757 Views)
Johan

See: NI Developer Zone: Pattern I/O

Good luck

KvZ
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,734 Views)